Sunday, December 9, 2012

Book Exhibition - Expo Karachi

Hisam Memon (left) Pro.Shafique Jokhio (right)
My friend Khalid Saifullah Bhatti called me the day before yesterday (7/12/2012) and told he was there in Karachi and if I was free to meet him at Expo Center Karachi.

I gladdened, he came Karachi for the purpose to settle a shop of Sindhi books in the exhibition along the team of Mahran Academy Shikarpur; my first translation was published by this institute in 2000; that was the book of Mr.Khuram Murad under the title of "In the Long Search" 

Khalid saifullah bhatti is writer, translator and nice man from Shikarpur, his books have been published by famous publishers like Sindhica Academy, Mahran Academy and others. Khalid's 8 or more than eight books are published

Once I created page of Khalid Bhatti on face book, below is the link to join:

I went to Expo only because of Khalid; I meet the least persons, but couldn't refuse Khalid. I went there and found his shop and we had conversation after long.Suddenly, there appeared a man, whom I never met before this and that taller man, with beard and smiling serious face was Saeen Shafique Jokhio, who is professor in the college of Karachi and incessantly write for the rights of Sindh and its people on face book, he was along with his family and Avaiz Jokhio his son was also there, who took these pictures. 

It was nice activity to see friends, I saw books superficially but did not purchase anything, when I was coming back to home, suddenly again I met Mehran Academy Shop with Farooq Soomro who was along with his kids; exchanged ideas standing there and then I had to come back soon. Farooq told me to meet him today (9/12/2012) and I told him I would call if if could go there at lunch time but I couldn't due to my personal engagement and headache.

Hisam Memon 
09/12/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment