Sunday, December 11, 2011

Caucasus mountains or Koh Kaaf

I have been hearing and listening the word “ Koh Kaaf” from my childhood, many alluring and intoxicating stories were affiliated with that mountainous range, I never knew, where it exited, was it real or just fantasy; it was not my problem. I was amused by those magical type of mountains and the name “koh kaaf” itself was casting spell, I neither asked nor tried to know more, just understood, it was a very big mountain, where fairies lived, ghosts haunted over and big mythological stories were woven regarding it.

I knew it when, I entered in the class of 10th (matriculation), I stopped to think over it, because my new knowledge of those spell casting mountains snatched my love and the secret was divulged; all fairy tales wiped out of the mind and I felt, I lost my innocence and childhood.

“Koh kaaf” is called “Caucasus mountains”, the area where those mountains are existing are called “Caucasia” , it is a large region between the Black and the Caspian Seas that contains the Caucasus mountains; oil is its major resource.

I read was seeing and visiting Caucasia and Caucasus mountains, while went through the book of the person, who belongs to Daghestan, everyone knows about that writer and nationalistic poet, yes he is Rasool Hamza tauf

No comments:

Post a Comment