Saturday, February 18, 2012

of Aqeel Abbas Soomro - writer and translator from Shikarpur

After a long time, i got up, took my cap and loi to wrap up myself in cold in the morning today (17th Feb 2012) and went up to Shahra e Faisal, hired a taxi and went to meet a person, who has written, translated and compiled at least 14 books, all books have been published by Fiction House in Urdu language.

I think, he is only man from Shikarpur, whose books have been published by Fiction House Lahore. He told me the story how he went to Sindhi Publishers and how they dealt with him, they demanded money, and said 500 copies will be given after the book is published. He got bored and felt amazing to meet those all and went to Lahore and his book was published.

Though he is known by his rich background, because he belongs to Soomro Family of Shikarpur, he is grandson of Shaheed Allah Bux Soomro (first premier of Sindh), but Mr.Aqeel Abbas Soomro has tried enough to create his own name and he does not want hereditary alms to get fame; it is very good, I appreciate him to create his own name.

When I reached the place near Dahli Sweets so early in the morning, I saw him awaited for me, he welcomed me warmly and hugged in brotherly way.

while i entered with him in his room, the papers were at sixes and sevens (scattered) on the bed and laptop was on, he was translating the book of Rasool Bux Palijo's son Mr.Ayaz Latif Palijo, the book is written in Sindh "Baak Jee Saakh" (باک جي ساک) , he has translated the title very rightly as "Half e Sahr" (حلفِ سحر)

Hisam Memon
18-feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment